The Washington airport ground transportation company called Yellow Cab which is located in Seattle, Washington was recently rated by our editors and received a GroundCar Score rating of 90. Scores range from 0 to 100. Companies with a high transparency score generally communicate important travel information on their website which may also include transfer rates going to and from Washington area airports and or other locations.
74 S Hudson St
Seattle, WA 98134
SERVICE AREA: Seattle
SERVICE TYPE: Taxi
1 = Poor, 2 = Below Avg., 3 = Average, 4 = Above Avg., 5 = Great
Refer to our state regulatory page for additional information about agencies which may regulate Yellow Cab.
GroundNews™ on Yellow Cab
- 8/6/2010 Seattle-Tacoma Airport signs exclusive taxi service contract with Puget Sound Dispatch dba Yellow Cab, immediately after the Washington Supreme Court declined to review a final appeal by a competing Seattle taxi company. The Sea-Tac airport taxi contract is scheduled to start on November 1, 2010.
- 2/2/2010 The Port of Seattle which manages the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport has awarded an exclusive contract to Yellow Cab to provide on-demand taxi services for the Seattle Airport. The taxi contract is scheduled to take effect in September, 2010.
|Update Snapshot||Co. Results||State Results|
|GroundCar Score™||90||34 Average|
|Registered Company Name||Displayed||79% Displayed|
|Full Contact Info||Displayed||37% Displayed|
|License Info||Not Displayed||7% Displayed|
|Airport Transfer Rates||Not Displayed||44% Displayed|
|Meter or Hourly Rates||Displayed||29% Displayed|
|Cancellation Policy||Not Displayed||24% Displayed|
|Fleet Pictures||Displayed||51% Displayed|
Company Name(s) displayed on www.yellowtaxi.net
- Puget Sound Dispatch
- The Registered Company Name is the name which is registered with the Washington Department of Licensing, Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, and or the Washington Secretary of State.
- The Department of Licensing assigns a nine digit Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number to all authorized ground transportation companies who operate in the state of Washington and whom are under their direct supervision.
- State Results are compiled from all Washington ground transportation companies who are listed on www.TransportationReviews.com.
Consumer Review for Yellow Cab
Title: Rude, Untruthful, and Unreliable
Date of Service: 1/3/2012
Type of Charter: One-Way
On this date I called from direct cab line at large local hospital. Needed to catch Sounder train by 6:15 PM. Talked to three different voices during 5 calls. I started call at 5:30 and cab did not come til after 7:00. Each time told to expect cab never happened. I watched at least 6 cabs drive past (one twice) and one dropped off a fare just 10 feet from me only to drive off. I was hung up on during the 4th call. I was calling from specific phone and the answering voices (they do not give a name)knew me by first name and where I was calling from after first call. My son called the company after that from home and why I was on fifth call from my personal cell phone a cab came. I then had to pay for full fare to south king county as missed train. I was lied to. Customer service is a term the dispatcher voices are not able to provide. "Computer dispatched" is a JOKE. This incident left me with POOR impression of Seattle. And the fact the company has a monopoly sanctioned by the city for airport service may have made the company complacent with all the rest of their customers.
Comments posted on 1/14/2012 by reviewer: Not Displayed Overall Rating 2.7 Recommended No Value 3 Ease of Reservation 1 Timeliness 1 Vehicle Appearance 4 Driver Attitude 4 Driver Attire 3
Reviews may be edited for length and clarity
- Top of Page -